Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Stir noodle with Soy sauce - very HK style dish



If I have to write down my top 10 favorite restaurants list in HK, "On Lee noodle" is defintely in it. This is one of the restaurants which I will miss if I do not eat there at least once a week.

Its signature dish is called "Stir thin/thick noodles with Soy Sauce w/deep fired Fish slices & OX Braised Flank". A very long name, but I would recommend it to almost all of my friends who come to HK. Even if they only have 2 days here, I would drive them there personally to taste it.

There are a lot of places in HK that serve "Stir noodles", but most of them stir chinese noodle with Oyster Sauce, which is not half as good as this On Lee version with Soy Sauce. Key point is the Soy Sauce On Lee used is not normal Soy sauce you can buy at supermarket or grocery store. On Lee has their own formula and mix their own version of Soy Sauce for its noodle.

Fish Slices is also super cool in On Lee. They open a Fish Slices factory just opposite to its restaurant to make its own fish slices fresh and every single day.

Print the following address and give it to Taxi driver:

Shop : 安利魚蛋粉

Address : 筲箕灣東大街55號地下

You should order : 魚片撈粗麵 , 切腩撈粗麵

No comments: